Friday, July 30, 2010

My New Obsession



So with the man-thing being gone all week and Malcolm out of town I was forced to entertain myself! (I think we can all agree that this is a recipe for disaster when it comes to me) I went to work every day . . came home and made dinner  ate something resembling dinner* . . . and watched cheesy documentaries about my current obsession.

Roller derby. Yep, Saskatoon has a roller derby league.
Home


Unfortunately their next scheduled bout isn't until September :( Boo-erns. I so want to see these chicks in action! (youtube half-ass obliges http://www.youtube.com/user/saskatoonrollerderby) In the meantime I've been trying to find somewhere in the city which might possibly sell quad skates; much like these beauties right here. . .

oooh smexy

To no avail. I may just have to break down and order them online. You know. . so I can skate around. . and . . not. . . I mean NOT join the SRDL. 


But if I did. . . what should my derby name be??? I mean the name alone may well be the single most important part of being a roller derby girl. 


Incidentally . . I blame this obsession on subliminal messaging. Just yesterday I noticed that a vehicle I pass every day on my way into work has 3 bumper sticker/decals on the rear window. One for Sockdreams  http://www.sockdreams.com/_pages/index.php whose socks I absolutely adore! One for the SRDL . . and one last one that says:

                                                    EAT. . . SLEEP. . . DERBY



*may actually refer to a bag of dill pickle chips

No comments: