Of course this 'before' shot is technically after I had begun to craft. See. . . I forgot before I even started! Really, how hard is it to take a decent before pic? Anyway, you get the gist, cute little baby.
Here you can see I've got his base coat down and attached the wire which will support his dangling eye ball. Yes, I said dangling eye ball. Ohhhh c'mon you knew something was up from the first shot where his eye was laying on the table all nonchalantly beside him.
Slightly blurry shot, nevertheless, here you can see I've added his teeth and affixed his 'eye' to the wire.
Add some bloody paint for the gore effects and to turn the wire into something slightly more plausible. Here's where I stop remembering to take the progress shots! *insert eye roll*
I finished layering in the shading and added two horrible bloody scabs; scabs which are at that horrible stage where the margins are all lifted and picky. You desperately want to pick them off but the centers are still firmly attached and they'll bleed like crazy if you do it. . . . but you just can't resist the lure to pick at them!